New to Grizzly Flats and Somerset area? Be fire safe!
Here are some Do's and Don't's for living in the area:
- There is a NO BURN SEASON! In 2022, it began May 23 and typically extends to November 1 or beyond.
- Before you can burn yard waste:
- Apply for a burn permit at https://burnpermit.fire.ca.gov.
- If your pile is larger than 4’ x 4’, you also need to apply at https://www.edcgov.us/Government/AirQualityManagement/burn-permit-application.
- Always call 530-621-5897 to find out if it’s a permissive burn day (okay to burn).
- When cleaning up yard debris, first focus on 5’ surrounding your home. There should be no combustible material whatsoever in this zone. Remove any decorative bark/mulch and replace it with decorative rock/pebbles.
- No trash burning! For regular trash pickup or dump information, go to https://www.eldoradodisposal.com.
- Sign up for emergency alerts from El Dorado County at https://www.smart911.com/smart911/ref/login.action?pa=edcgov&fbclid=IwAR2ktC0mgy7_8Dkg3VprqOpedaoTILevDY0vbRV0emjX09dF5A1ADZKMmnk.
- Have a go bag prepared. Check out https://www.readyforwildfire.org/prepare-for-wildfire/get-set/emergency-supply-kit/ for suggestions. Don’t forget to plan for pets. Plan on leaving when receiving an evacuation WARNING. DO NOT WAIT until the evacuation ORDER is given!